The Montrose Regional Library District issues a library card to a person providing verification of name and current mailing address. Cards may be issued at 4 locations: Bookmobile, Montrose Regional Library, Naturita Community Library and Paradox Community Library.
- The age requirement is anyone 4 years or older.
- A required identification must show your current name and mailing address. Besides standard IDs, we will accept verification such as auto or home insurance card, checkbook, rent receipt, lease agreement, homeowners contract, utility bill or other mailed items.
- A postcard may be mailed to verify a current mailing address.
- Minor children under 18 may be issued library cards, with the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
- Temporary cards may be issued to anyone 4 years of age or older, without proof of mailing address or for minors without parent/guardian’s signature.
- Professional cards offer extended privileges to individuals or businesses for professional needs.
- Library cards are FREE, as is the first replacement card. Additional replacement card fees are $2.00.
Any library member may access their account from the Horizon Information Portal, just Login by using the barcode number on the back of the library card and the four-digit PIN number. The PIN number is normally the last 4 digits of the initial phone number listed on the library card application, unless a different PIN is requested at the time the library card is issued.
- Materials may be renewed three times.
- Renewals are blocked for any item that is on hold for someone else.
- Renewals may be done at the library self-check stations, by phone, or online. For online access, click on the My Account tab on the website, and login in with your library barcode number and PIN. Click “Renew Books.”
- If you need additional renewals, please bring your material to the Customer Service Desk in the library.
Overdue fines are 10 cents per day, per item. There is no grace period for late materials. Payments may be made at the two Self-Checkout stations with attached vending units. You may also pay fines and fees at the Ask Here Desk . The library does not accept credit or debit cards. The maximum fine on an overdue item is $3.00 per loan period. Cards are blocked once fines reach $5.00. If an account balance reaches $5.00 or more, please speak to a Circulation Clerk to arrange a payment plan, allowing full access and privileges.