The Friends of the Library book sale starts Friday, October 6! Click here for more info.
- This event has passed.
Book Van Delivery Days
November 19, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Montrose Library offers delivery of most items in our catalog right to your door for free!
Go to www.montroselibrary.org. Click on Catalog. Search for an item. Click “Place Hold” when you have found what you are looking for. Log in with your last name and your library card number. Under “I want to pick this up at” select “MRLD Montrose Delivery”. Click “Submit Hold Request” to complete your request. You can also call the Outreach Department at 970.964.2556 with your request
What is the delivery schedule?
Deliveries are made on Tuesdays and Fridays. Deliveries may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
What is the delivery area?
We deliver in and around the City of Montrose and the Town of Olathe. Call us if you are unsure if you are in our delivery area, or if your residence may be difficult for us to reach.
How will I know when I will receive my items?
You will receive an email from the library on Monday with a notification that your hold is now available. Your items will be delivered either on Tuesday or Friday depending on your location.
Why can I only check out 10 items?
Due to limited space on the outreach van, the library can only allow 10 items per address per delivery. Please contact us if your needs exceed 10 items per delivery.
Will you pick up my returns when you deliver?
Yes, we accept returns. Place your items in the paper bag in which you received them, and leave the bag outside your front door before 9am on your delivery day. Please be conscious of the weather and do not leave items outside in inclement weather.
Are staff available to answer questions?
Call the Outreach Department at 970.964.2556 with any questions.
Returns on the Bookvan
Important things to know about returns:
- Keep the paper bag in which your items were delivered. You will use it to return the items.
- Please be conscious of the weather. Do not leave items outside if they could get damaged by inclement weather.
- Deliveries may be cancelled on days of inclement weather.
- You may also return your items to the library book drops as normal. Use your online account or call the library to renew items.
How to return your items:
- You will receive an email notice (or phone call, if you do not use email) from the library that you have an item that will be delivered to you.
- Place the items you wish to return in the bag in which you received them.
- Place the bag outside your front door by 9am on your delivery day.
- When the library delivers your new items, we will take your old ones.