Text and voice message notifications are now available as an opt-in service with your Montrose Regional Library District account.
Text Message Service FAQs
Will I Be Charged For This Service?
- The library doesn’t charge a fee for this service, but your cell phone plan’s regular text messaging rates still apply. Check with your cell phone service provider to see the cost of text messages in your service plan. You can expect a larger volume of text messages with this service.
When Will I Receive Texts?
- Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will be sent between 9:00am and 7:00pm.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Let a staff member know you want text message service when applying for a library card, at your next visit, or call us at 970-249-9656 Option 1.
What Do I Need to Sign Up?
- A mobile phone with text messaging capability
- Text messaging service (check your cell phone service plan)
- A library card
What Kinds of Notices Will I Get?
Once you are signed up, text NOTICES to 844-225-9488 to view the current status of all the opt in/out notices.
The following notices are ON by default. Texting the keyword below (e.g. HOLDS) to 844-225-9488 will turn that type of notice off. Text the keyword again to turn the notice back on.
- HOLDS: This is a notice that you have holds ready to be picked up.
- OVERDUE: This is a notice that things are already overdue.
- RENEW: This is a notice that things will soon be due, and you can renew them.
- FEES: This is a notice that there are fines or fees owed.
Other Commands (send all keywords to 844-225-9488):
STOP: To remove your number from the text service Contact Montrose Library 970-249-9656 to stop receiving notices via text or voice .
DROPCARD: To remove a card from your phone for notices.
TEST: Test your connection to the service.
HELP: Get help with a command. E.g., type HELP FEES to get help with that command.
MYBOOKS: Inquire about the status of all of your library items.
IOWEU: Get a list of fines and fees for all registered barcodes.
RHL: Get a list of holds expiring soon.
HL: Get a list of holds that are ready to pick up.
OA: The service will attempt to renew all overdue items and will reply with a list of items that were successfully and unsuccessfully renewed.
OL: Generates a numbered list of all overdue items eligible for renewal.
RA: The service will attempt to renew all items and will reply with a list of items that were successfully and unsuccessfully renewed.
RI: Get a list of items that are coming due and that cannot be renewed.
RL: Generates a numbered list of renewable items.
MYCARDS: Generates a numbered list of the barcodes currently registered to your phone.
SWITCHPHONE: Update your phone number or mobile service provider (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc).
RESEND: Receive last message again.
Voice Message Service FAQs
What phone number do calls come from?
- 970-399-5488 . This is the only number it calls from. You can expect a larger volume of calls with this service.
Can I customize the types of phone notifications I get?
- You can call 970-399-5488 and customize which types of notifications you get.
How do I know which titles specifically are on hold or overdue?
- Call 970-399-5488 and follow the prompts to get more specific information about your holds or overdue notices.